1 cup almond milk (or soy or hemp or rice)
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
3 tbsp flour
1 tbsp raw sugar
1 STALE french baguette ( 1 or 2 days old but not ancient)
1. cut bread into 1 inch thick rounds
2. mix almond milk, apple sauce, cinnamon, flour, nutritional yeast and raw sugar together in a shallow bowl
3. lightly coat a non-stick skillet in oil. heat over medium for 1 minute.
4. quickly dip bread into batter mixture. coat both sides (1 second dip each side).
5. place coated bread into skillet. cook each side 3-4 minutes and use a spatula to flip.
serve smothered in maple syrup! (and with some veggies to make it a complete meal)
166 notes, June 26, 2011