spinach, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, onions and tofu ricotta on homemade dough.
i wanted to surprise justin when he got home from work with something DEElicious.
for the dough:
1 pkg active dry yeast
for the tofu ricotta:
1/2 brick of firm tofu
1/2tbsp garlic powder
1tsp soy sauce
1/4tsp black pepper
dash of salt
1/2 can tomato sauce
1 6oz can mushrooms
2 plum tomatos
2/3 of a bag spinach
1/2 an onion
prepare the dough:
1. in a small bowl, dissolve yeast into 1/3c water. let stand 10 minutes
2. in a large bowl, mix flour and salt.
3. add yeast mixture, mix.
4. add 2/3c water. mix to create a pliable dough.
5. form into a ball. cover the bowl with a clean cloth and then let sit for 20-30 minutes.
6. knead the dough for 10 minutes on a floured surface. make it into a ball and place in the fridge until you’re ready to create the pizza
prepare the tofu ricotta:
mix all ingredients in a blender for literally 2 seconds. you want the same consistency as ricotta cheese.
prepare the toppings:
1. cut the tomatoes in half length wise. then cut each half into 4 pieces.
2. wash the mushrooms well
3. cook the spinach in a skillet until it is wilted. drain the water.
preheat the oven to 500 degrees. HOT HOT HOT
lightly oil the pan (i used a cookie sheet) using a brush or your hand to spread oil out. i used a homemade garlic/rosemary oil.
stretching the dough is relatively tricky. i am really bad at it. i try and create a square and quickly stretch each side, allowing gravity to help. i think it is an acquired skill, because mine wasn’t round or of an even thickness. it turned out fine though.
place the dough on the pan. continue to stretch it until it’s the size you want. top with sauce, then the mushrooms, then the spinach, then the tomatoes. spoon chunks of the tofu ricotta on evenly and then put on the onions. i rubbed the crust with garlic/rosemary oil.
put in the oven for 7-10 minutes.
i always look mad! i’m not!
approximate cost= $3.60; $1.80 per person. and we are both in food comas.
in other news, it was a crazy day. highlights include:
- getting a second job (yay!!)
- falling off my bike (i’m okay!)
- breaking my sewing machine needle (wtf?!)
- buying new work shoes
- capturing a wild bat in starbucks and setting it free
- telling my mom the bat story and hearing her reaction (hilarious)
until tomorrow <3
44 notes, September 2, 2010